Monday, July 1, 2013

He is Everywhere

GOSPEL: MATTHEW 8: 18-22

When Jesus saw a crowd around him,
he gave orders to cross to the other shore.
A scribe approached and said to him,
“Teacher, I will follow you wherever you go.”
Jesus answered him, “Foxes have dens and birds of the sky have nests,
but the Son of Man has nowhere to rest his head.”
Another of his disciples said to him,
“Lord, let me go first and bury my father.”
But Jesus answered him, “Follow me,
and let the dead bury their dead.”



+++

  It was at most the most striking line for the past weeks for me, "the Son of Man has nowhere to rest his head."  

     Just these past few days, I hear people complaining that their is no need for a class because their is a storm paired with two  festivals in our town for the weekend. It was what I was thinking  too. Not until it was the feast day itself of the Santo Nino of Tacloban.

     I was at the top of building overseeing the procession of the image. I did not believe my eyes at first. Their are still a lot of people who believes in our patron. A lot of people attended the procession. Bringing with them their own image of Sto Nino from the altars of there homes. It was then it came to my mind. "Indeed, the Son of Man has nowhere to rest his head because the Son of Man rests within everyone who believes in Him. He is always amidst us. God Bless! :)

    

No comments:

Post a Comment