Friday, January 4, 2013

"COME and you will SEE"

Gospel: John 1:35-42 
John was standing with two of his disciples, and as he watched Jesus walk by, he said, "Behold, the Lamb of God."The two disciples heard what he said and followed Jesus.Jesus turned and saw them following him and said to them, "What are you looking for?" They said to him, "Rabbi" (which translated means Teacher), "where are you staying?" He said to them,"Come, and you will see." So they went and saw where he was staying, and they stayed with him that day. It was about four in the afternoon.Andrew, the brother of Simon Peter, was one of the two who heard John and followed Jesus. He first found his own brother Simon and told him, "We have found the Messiah" (which is translated Anointed).Then he brought him to Jesus. Jesus looked at him and said, "You are Simon the son of John; you will be called Kephas" (which is translated Peter).

It has been almost five months since I came to Eastern Samar as a Mission Volunteer in CFC-Youth for Christ (YFC). I will never forget every experience with Lord that moved me from being a simple member of YFC to a Mission Volunteer. As I always say, being a missionary is a gift hidden in every person and is enjoyed by the people who recognize the mission.

Being far from my family, I can’t always check their everyday condition. The only thing I can do is to pray and intercede in the needs of my family. But the Lord is true to His promise. Amidst the many challenges we face, I see God’s graciousness in the many blessings He continues to shower my family with. My “pamangkin” wants to become a sacristan. For how many years our roof has been under repair and now, rain water no longer gets inside the house. These are only some of the Lord’s blessings to me and my family and I know there is more to come when we follow and cling unto Him, when He says “Come and you will see”. It is like  He is telling us "follow Me and I will open the heaven to bless you abundantly". And total submission of ourselves to Him can truly lead us to see many great things He has been doing for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment