Monday, July 29, 2013

I Believe in Him

John 11: 19 - 27

And many of the Jews had come to Martha and Mary to console them concerning their brother. When Martha heard that Jesus was coming, she went and met him, while Mary sat in the house. Martha said to Jesus, "Lord, if you had been here, my brother would not have died. And even now I know that whatever you ask from God, God will give you." Jesus said to her, "Your brother will rise again." Martha said to him, "I know that he will rise again in the resurrection at the last day." Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life; he who believes in me, though he die, yet shall he live, and whoever lives and believes in me shall never die. Do you believe this?" She said to him, "Yes, Lord; I believe that you are the Christ, the Son of God, he who is coming into the world."

--------
Reaffirm your faith today and shout,

I believe in the Lord Jesus Christ!

Do this daily and know that your faith will never falter.

These are my 'magic words' which never fail to brighten my day. 

Whenever I feel lonely or sad,
Whenever I feel angry,
Whenever I feel betrayed,
Whenever I feel desperate,
Whenever I feel lost,

Whenever I feel happy,
Whenever I feel excited,
Whenever I feel content,
Whenever I feel blessed,
Whenever I feel grateful,

I always make sure to express my faith in the Lord by exclaiming,
"I believe in the Lord Jesus Christ!"


      Though I may not feel his presence, I know that He is with me. That's why, I refrain from thoughts like, 'If only the Lord was there, this could not have happened,' or 'Why did you allow this my Lord?' However, there may be times when I become like Martha in the gospel wherein I pray that the Lord undo an unbearable event. And in the worst cases, I can't stop myself from putting the blame on the Lord. However, just because I know that the Lord's power is incomprehensible, this does not allow me to question His ways. It is during these times that I reaffirm my faith and exclaim, "I believe in the Lord Jesus Christ!" And strangely each time I do this, I feel at ease and relaxed. It's like my soul has been energized and my burden has been lifted. Just as Martha has reaffirmed her faith, I too seek to strengthen my faith in the Lord for I will always believe in him.

No comments:

Post a Comment