Thursday, July 11, 2013

Peace in Everyone

Gospel: Matthew 10: 7-15

Jesus said to his Apostles:
“As you go, make this proclamation:
‘The Kingdom of heaven is at hand.’
Cure the sick, raise the dead,
cleanse the lepers, drive out demons.
Without cost you have received; without cost you are to give.
Do not take gold or silver or copper for your belts;
no sack for the journey, or a second tunic,
or sandals, or walking stick.
The laborer deserves his keep.
Whatever town or village you enter, look for a worthy person in it,
and stay there until you leave.
As you enter a house, wish it peace.
If the house is worthy,
let your peace come upon it;
if not, let your peace return to you.
Whoever will not receive you or listen to your words—
go outside that house or town and shake the dust from your feet.
Amen, I say to you, it will be more tolerable
for the land of Sodom and Gomorrah on the day of judgment
than for that town.”

 +++

     Every time I travel, I am trying to familiarize the place right away. I even research in advance what should I expect to see on that place. But the thing that I am always looking for and the thing I ask the locals is "Where is your Church?." 
     I find it very enticing to know where people 'nagsisimba' before I start my mission on that place or before I leave the area. The Church for me is the perfect landmark in any area. I always make it the center at my map inside my head. The Church also makes me feel at home because you will see the locals and can observe their cultures and in some point their history.
     These simple information makes me a local itself and it makes my mission easier to adjust with the people. You may find the place messy or experience local transportation drivers opportunists but you will always see God in His home and eventually to everyone in town.

"Without cost you receive, without cost you are to give" thus says the Lord, God Bless :)

No comments:

Post a Comment