Friday, March 8, 2013

Grasp it

Gospel Mk 12:28-34

One of the scribes came to Jesus and asked him,
“Which is the first of all the commandments?”
Jesus replied, “The first is this:
Hear, O Israel!
The Lord our God is Lord alone!
You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart,
with all your soul,
with all your mind,
and with all your strength.

The second is this:
You shall love your neighbor as yourself.
There is no other commandment greater than these.”
The scribe said to him, “Well said, teacher.
You are right in saying,
He is One and there is no other than he.
And to love him with all your heart,
with all your understanding,
with all your strength,
and to love your neighbor as yourself

is worth more than all burnt offerings and sacrifices.”
And when Jesus saw that he answered with understanding,
he said to him,
“You are not far from the Kingdom of God.”
And no one dared to ask him any more questions. 
 
***

Have you ever felt the urge of stalking a person because you idolize and fantasize the person? :)

I guess we all did. We even think of exchanging place with someone who is famous and rich, right? I remembered the time when I was still a grade-1 pupil. I was really really fat that time and was always hungry. I envy my classmates who can buy the street foods outside our school for I still do not have an allowance that time.
 
I was curious why my parents did not let me hold even a scent that time. But, every time I see my parents, I did not bother to ask them why. The reason I think is because I really don't care at all. I am so carefree that time and I am always happy with the way things are moving. A child indeed. :)
 
Friends, it is this being carefree.. child-like.. is a reason why people can easily grasp and understand our Lord, our God. And so, let this be our attitude towards everything in our life. See God in every creature. See God in every heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment