Friday, March 15, 2013

7,000 promises

GOSPEL JN 7:1-2,10,25-30
 
Jesus moved about within Galilee;
he did not wish to travel in Judea,
because the Jews were trying to kill him.
But the Jewish feast of Tabernacles was near.

But when his brothers had gone up to the feast,
he himself also went up, not openly but as it were in secret.

Some of the inhabitants of Jerusalem said,
“Is he not the one they are trying to kill?
And look, he is speaking openly and they say nothing to him.
Could the authorities have realized that he is the Christ?
But we know where he is from.
When the Christ comes, no one will know where he is from.”
So Jesus cried out in the temple area as he was teaching and said,
“You know me and also know where I am from.
Yet I did not come on my own,
but the one who sent me, whom you do not know, is true.
I know him, because I am from him, and he sent me.”
So they tried to arrest him,
but no one laid a hand upon him,
because his hour had not yet come. 


***

 New Pope for our mother Church!

I happened to research about the background of our new pope. My first impression? Heart-lifting, grateful, amazed, inspired, awestruck. :) Our Pope himself gives promise on the crisis our Church is facing right now. One of it maybe secularism. And the faith of the youth that is deteriorating may be one of the most evident on my environment.
Are you in a youth crisis???

Friends, my fellow youth faithfuls, it is really easy to confront our crisis. Just follow three simple steps.
First, Determine the reason
Ask yourself this vital question: 'What is the reason behind the crisis?'
It may be experiences on the part of your family, peer pressure, immoral trends.
Second, Determine the result
Ask: 'What can I learn from this?' Every crisis is an opportunity to enlarge our perspective, sharpen our skills, and develop our character.
Third, Determine our response
Ask: 'What is the best way to respond to crisis?' Regardless of what you do. You should confront the problem, confess your part, and claim God's promise.

'Did you know that there are over 7,000 promises of God in the Bible to help you?'

 If you are having difficulty identifying the reason for a crisis, try praying about it.:)

2 comments:

  1. I actually have a discovery to offer to every youth.. :) Youth of today are fond of reading books like Harry Potter, Twilight, The Lord of the Ring, etc.. Friends, aside from reading the daily scriptures, allot time for reading 5 chapters per day starting from the book of Genesis. :) Personally, it's like I am watching The Lord of the Ring, It's like I am witnessing the war between God's army and God's opponents. I witnessed how God sustained His people, how God's people conquered every nation and every tribe, and how they won every war. In my mind, vividly, I've seen how God manifested His mighty power like dividing the ocean into half, letting His people to pass through. Also, I got the opportunity to know God's war strategies laid before Israel in pursuit of the Promised Land. And there's a lot more. This is not a challenge, but I am inviting everyone to let yourself "watch" and discover the greatest story of adventure, war, and victory in history - His Story. . ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Bible. The best action-thrilled non-sci-fi, non fiction, full of surprises, full of promises book of all time. :)

    ReplyDelete